CISCO Seeds is proud to announce the addition of Albion Tetraploid Perennial Ryegrass to our forage lineup. Although perennial ryegrass isn't usually known for its drought tolerance, Albion is a bit different. Albion performs exceptionally well in areas that are hit hard with drought and high humidity.
Albion actually has such great summer performance that it is being sold as far south as southwest Missouri, typically not an area that ryegrass will thrive.
Albion works well as a stand alone forage and also in mixes. CISCO is adding Albion to some of our stock Pasture Perfect mixes. Albion will be featured in Champion Pasture Mix, High Energy Ryegrass Mix, and Renovator Special Mix.
- Seeded alone: 30 lbs./acre
- Seeded in mixes: 15 lbs./acre
- Seeding depth: 1/8 - 1/2 inches
- Days to germinate: 5-7
- # seeds per pound: 250,000
- Maturity: Late
- Persistence: Excellent
- Uses: Excellent in both hay and pasture mixes; safe for wildlife; dairy & beef cattle; sheep & goats; can be used for a cover crop as well as silage
Click here to see the full tech sheet.