Nutribuilder is a mix of annual ryegrass, crimson clover, and cover crop radish. The seeding rate is 20-25 lb./acre.
Benefits of NutriBuilder Mix
- Produces Nitrogen
A good stand of this mix should produce
up to 60-100 pounds of N/acre.
- Scavenges and Holds Nitrogen
Tests have shown cover crop radish have scavenged as much as 130 pounds of N/acre (tops and tubers combined—with manure applied). According to multi-State research, Annual Ryegrass can scavenge well over 300 pounds of N/acre.
- Attracts Earthworms
- Deep Rooted: Great for breaking through compaction
Click here to view the Nutribuilder tech sheet.
Groundbreaker is a mix of Austrian winter peas and Groundhog radish. The seeding rate is 30-35 lb./acre. Keep in mind that Groundbreaker Mix needs to be drilled.
Benefits of GroundbreakerMix
- Peas can produce 60-120 units of N per acre
- Peas will usually winterkill; if not, can easily be terminated in the spring
- Great for improving soil health
- An excellent home for earthworms
Click here to view the Groundbreaker tech sheet.
Crimson Cover-All Mix
Crimson Cover-All is a mix of crimson clover and cover crop radish. The seeding rate is 17-20 lb./acre.
Benefits of Crimson Cover-All Mix
- Excellent winter hardiness
- Can produce up to 140 units of N/acre within 90 days following wheat
- Earthworm “Heaven”
- Easy to kill
- Deep and fibrous root system (21” deep)
Crimson clover is one of the few clovers to have a fibrous root system.
Click here to see the Crimson Cover-All tech sheet.
Forager Mix is a mix of seed oats, winter rye, and Appin turnips. The seeding rate is 105 lb./acre for maximum forage yield but can be reduced if using strictly for cover.
Benefits of Forager Mix
- Excellent choice for aerial application into standing row crops.
The oats and turnips grow the fastest in the fall and the rye is available for grazing over the winter and spring.
- Provides excellent feed for cattle
Cattle gained 3.5#/day weight gain in Illinois tests on Forager Mix
- Produces deep roots
- Scavenges Nitrogen
Click here to view the Forager tech sheet.
Oat & Radish Mix
- a mix of high quality oat seed and Scav-N-ger® radish
- will winter kill
- great for a first time cover cropper
- produces a lot of biomass
- soil tilth builder and nutrient scavenger
- plant at least 6 weeks before a killing frost