This is year two for this Goshen, IN farmer with WL Roundup Ready® alfalfa. As they were heading to the field for harvest, they gave us a call to let us know that the alfalfa was waist high and weed free. So we went to the field to take some photos.
The benefits of the Roundup Ready® system have been highly touted in alfalfa production. This field proved out all of the benefits. This particular field:
- established quickly
- showed virtually no weed pressure
- has an extremely high plant population
- is providing excellent yields
- is very thick - search in vain for your feet when you walk through this field
- no fear of crop damage from traditional alfalfa herbicides
WL Roundup Ready® alfalfa is known for its:
- very high yield potential under 4, 5, and 6 cut harvest schedules
- superior digestibility - producing more milk or beef and greater profit potential
- value vs. the competition in head-to-head digestibility comparisons
- winterhardiness (WH=1.9); delivers long stand life even under the toughest weather conditions
- perfect disease resistance index (DRI) of 30/30
- dark green appearance, fine stems, and high palatability
CISCO Seeds has several Roundup Ready® alfalfa varieties available.