CISCO Seeds is introducing a new hybrid pearl millet into its marketing area for the summer of 2014. Sweet Summer BMR Hyrbrid Pearl Millet will be available only in limited supply the first year.
Characteristics of this product include:
- Brown Mid Rib - for improved palatability
- Pearl millet requires less nutrients than sudangrass or sorghum sudangrass
- There is no prussic acid
- Safe for livestock after a frost
- Farmer can make hay with this product
- Works well on poorer soils
- It can be fed to horses
- There is the potential for 3 cuttings
Sweet Summer BMR Hybrid Pearl Millet can be chopped, wet wrapped, or dry baled. It is safe for grazing after a frost and might even be stockpiled for late fall grazing.
Click here for a full tech sheet.